Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tunes Tuesday: Moon River.

Todays Tunes Tuesday is actually Wednesday. Sorry about that. Yesterday was kind of crazy. My old roommate Jesse came into to town for a bit and so I lost track of time and before I knew it Matt was home, so I thought I would wait until today when I could actually put time into the post.
When I was cruising the blogosphere this weekend I was really taken back by the Honey Trees cover of "Moon River." It is one of my favorite songs and it is cover quite often but something about this particular cover really stuck me as beautiful. I found in on one of my favorite blogs, Her Library Adventures, a must read if you don't already. After listening to the song quite a few times I decided that Moon River would be the theme for Tunes Tuesday this week.
The tune was originally written in 1961 for the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's, another must, if you haven't see this movie watch it. It's fantastic, although I recommend reading the short story by Truman Capote first, as I actually enjoyed it more. However since Breakfast at Tiffany's it has been covered by many artists, here are a few of my favorite covers:
The Honey Trees
Sophie Madeleine
Louis Armstrong
Andy Williams
Audrey Hepburn (Original)

Which is you favorite? What would you like to see as the next Tunes Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...