Monday, April 30, 2012

"We can get into a trouble." "That's how you know it's an adventure."

Movie Monday: Hugo

As a major cinephile I really appreciated Hugo on many levels. First the movie is absolutely gorgeous! Breathtakingly beautiful. I wish I could have seen it in 3D. It was very apparent that is the way it was intended to be viewed. Second, I love the throwback to silent pictures. I love that the film was actually about George Melines one of the most influential filmmakers of all time. If you have taken any form of a film class you have seen Trip to the Moon,  but I also appreciated how they featured all of the influential movies. The Train. The Factory Workers leaving. The Train Robber. The really put into perspective the importance of these early films and how they paved the way for the brillance that we have now. Bravo Scorcese, you indulgent director, you! I can always tell when its a Scorcese film, by the "look how good of a director I am" style of shooting, but really that's why we love him, isn't it? xoxo.
They are adorable. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...