Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Book Review: The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins

Ok people. I did NOT want to read and like these books. I thought for sure they would be something stupid and/or boring. Oh man was I wrong. I was sucked into The Hunger Games after ten pages. I could not put this book down and now on to the review.
Rating: 

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games," a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed.

Me:
I absolutely adored this book. I had serious issues putting this book down, good thing I was reading it on my phone and I could take it with me wherever I wanted to go, good bless technology. I thought I would really hate Katniss, but I actually like her a lot and find myself rooting for her. The story is really good and very interesting. I literately flew through this book. I am also completely in love with Peeta. He is the most amazingly sweet boy ever. Team PEETA!

I'm about halfway through Catching Fire and have Mockingjay on deck. Heepwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...